Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A House full of Sickness

Yeap that's right we are all sick again (well Aaron isn't YET). The past few days have been a little rough around here. Austin started not feeling well Thursday night and it really hit him Saturday night. I started with a soar throat on Friday and it hit me Sunday morning. And the past few days it has gotten to Mylee...so I am sure Aaron is next!

I don't think I have ever done this much laundry in my life - between the throwing up and diarrhea Austin's whole crib has been washed about 3 times in 2 days. Mylee was the first to throw up in it (I put her in Austin's crib Saturday night while I put away clothes and cleaned). She did fall asleep in it first and she looked so cute I had to take a picture:


Once I got it all cleaned up and finally put back together, Austin threw up in it.

Last night was horrible. Mylee is so congested that she couldn't sleep unless I held her up and the humidifier was hitting her. So needless to say I didn't sleep. This is seriously how the night went.

11:00 Mylee feel asleep nursing so I put her to bed.
11:30 Mylee woke up crying...nursed her back to sleep
12:00 Mylee woke up crying...held her by the humidifier tell she fell asleep
12:15 woke up crying again...did humidifier again until asleep put her in her boopy pillow to sleep
2:30 woke up crying...nursed her to sleep put her in her boppy pillow
3:00ish Austin woke up crying - Throw up and diarrhea EVERYWHERE
(put him in our bed while I cleaned up the mess)
3:40 I finally get back into bed.
6:00 Mylee wakes up to nurse again...falls asleep by humidifier.

And I had to make many trips to the bathroom just for my coughing attacks (I didn't want to wake the baby so I would have to sneak into the bathroom to cough up a lung! :)

***A King size bed sure does come in handy when you have to have the whole family sleeping in it! Oh and Gizmo (our cat) even cuddled up to Austin for a little bit.

And after the horrible night I had to take the kids to their check-ups (Austin's 2-year and Mylee's 4 month) and right after they both got shots - yeah I feel like a mean mommy. But we did get some antibiotics for Austin so lets hope we can kick this little bug that has been in our house the past week!

***I will be doing a post later of the kids' new stats - lets just say Austin is still huge and Mylee is still tiny!


Since this was such a downer of a post I thought I'd throw in these cute pictures of Austin and Mylee playing.

He loves to build

She is a pretty happy baby when she is not hungry...
and she always has her hand in her mouth!

I AM SO READY FOR SPRING! ANYONE ELSE?

Wow I actually got a post done and completed in one sitting - that's because Austin is taking a good nap and Mylee is nursing - AGAIN! :)

4 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

Mylee is such a doll! It sounds like she and Ayla are similar- always having a hand in their mouths. I'm so sorry you've had a rough week. I hope you all start to feel better soon!

Mark and Shelbey said...

Sorry you guys have been so sick! I cant believe Mylee is only 10 lbs! My kids grew way to fast addisyn was born at 6lbs 5oz and at her 2 week check up she was already almost 9 lbs!! Hope you all get feeling better soon!!

Ben and Jen said...

Sorry about your kids and you being sick. It is no fun! Hang in there and hopefully it will be over soon!

Jenni said...

Oh sweetie! I am sooooo sorry for you! I hate being sick and when the kids are sick....it's a MILLION times worse! Fun to see you out, ALONE, at the store lastnight. Ah, a little breathing time and shopping can make life seem so much better can't it???