Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Friday, February 5, 2010

New Years Resolutions

Yeah I know I am a month late! I guess I should have "no procrastination" as one of my resolutions! :)

To me it seems like it's the start of the new year because we were on vacation for so long and having everyone sick it's taken me a while to get back into the swing of things! But I wanted to post a little list of my personal Resolutions because if I don't I don't have to answer to them at the end of the year! :) So here goes:

1. Not be pregnant! :) this to me is a big one since it feels like I have been pregnant for the past three years...well I actually have- I got pregnant with Austin in May of 2007-Feb 2008 and I was pregnant with Mylee Dec 2008 - Sept 2009! Crazy I know, I think it's time for a break - my body could use it!!

2. Lose weight As I have already stated I have been pregnant for ever and I desperately need to lose some baggage here!

3. Get Organized and be a better Housewife I am the first to admit I am not the best housewife! I feel like a tornado has blown right through my house and I can never seem to find anything when I need it and I am always tearing apart the house to find something! And as far as cooking goes...sloppy joes is a delicacy at our house!

4. Play with my Kids I spend most of my days trying to get stuff done that I don't really spend a lot of time playing with my kids. I need to sit and read with Austin - he wants nothing to do with books and it's my fault for not taking time and sitting down with him.

5. Take some Time outs for Me this sounds so selfish of me but I feel like I have let me self go...being a mother and wife can totally consume who you are (don't get me wrong I LOVE my kids to death and I love being able to stay home and raise them) I used to be out going and active. I'm not going to lie I think I may have gotten a little depressed and I need some be time once and a while to get recharged. This will also include improving my photography. I am going to take some time and get my home studio up and going!

OK so now that I have it in down and it is public I guess I better get a move on things!!! :)
(of course the dieting will have to wait until after Valentine's Day...I am making some yummy treats!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too funny - one of my resolutions in 2007 was to not be pregnant!!! (Kade was born January 11, 2007) I had spent 3 years preggo too and was ready to just be me for a while. I completely understand where you're at right now, because I have been there and still find myself there once in a while; feeling so consumed by being mom, wife, income maker that it is easy to forget who YOU are. Take some time to yourself, you deserve it! I had to join a book club for a reason to read a book that was more than 20 pages and to get one night (1.5 hrs) a month out of the house for just me. It sometimes feels like a chore to go because I want to be home with my family and sometimes I feel selfish, but it's not and I just have to keep reminding myself that it is okay. Gabe goes golfing and fishing and hunting and and and, but I don't. As for the house, spend time with those babies, the house work will always be there, but they won't. Have Austin help you do a "5 minute pick up" every night before dinner to clean up his toys. It will help keep the house picked up but you won't be consumed by that too. I hope you are all feeling better!!