Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Brand Spankin New

I am the proud owner of a brand new washer and dryer! I know I never thought a washer and dryer would make me so happy! But about a week ago our dryer started to make this really bad grinding noise - really loud and I could use it anymore. I think it was about 11 years old (or older) and it would take about 3 hours just to dry one load. And the washer would shake really bad and you could see the front of the washer push in and out during the spin cycle, it was pretty bad. They were both really loud, but I was happy to just have a washer and dryer since we went for 2 almost 3 years without any. Jan (Aaron's mom) was sweet enough to just give them to us when they got new ones. I remember how happy I was to get them, and it was nice having them and not having to go to my parents house to do laundry. But now that we have new ones - WOW! I love them. I can actually get most of our laundry done in a day instead of only getting 2 loads done a day. And of course what a nice break it will hopefully be on our power bill. The last 3 months our power has been about $170 every month - YEAH CRAZY! The new ones are Energy Star so hopefully they help out.

It was funny how Gizmo and Austin were so interested in them. Gizmo was a little stand offish at first and he had to sniff them. Austin likes to watch them spin.

2 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

I'm so jealous!! I have been looking at the new washer/dryer combos. Way too expensive! Congrats!

Micah and Jen said...

I totally understand....a new washer and dryer are so wonderful and frontloaders are the BEST! So excited you got some new ones....so worth the money!