Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, May 12, 2008

My First Mother's Day!


I think I found my new favorite holiday! I had such a wonderful day yesterday! It was the best Mother's Day I've had - even though it was my first! :)



Austin gave me a cute picture card and
Aaron gave me a movie I already had and a sweet card!

He also was so very helpful in the morning. I actually got to get ready for church and Aaron got Austin ready and we were almost on time! That never happens. I got to stay for all of my classes and it was wonderful! We haven't attempted that since Austin was born and he was perfect the whole time...besides the cooing all through Sunday school.
After church we went to my parents house to wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day. It was fun my brothers and their families showed up and it was nice to see everyone. I missed seeing my sister and her family though. I love my mom so much, she was such a wonderful mom when we were growing up, she was always there and without her none of use could of survived my dad :) she is the complete opposite of him! (I love my dad though). Growing up she was a stay at home mom and I loved it! (I never thought I could be so happy to be a stay-at-home mom until Austin was born, I am so thankful Aaron lets me raise Austin and stay at home) And now that I am older my mother has become one of my good friends and shopping buddy!

After we left my parents house we went over to Aaron's parents to spend the rest of the day with his family. I love spending time with his family, they are tons of fun - honestly there is never a dull moment! I never really felt like a McLaughlan until Austin was born - they are so wonderful with him. Now I feel like a McLaughlan and I love it! I was even a little taken back when Austin's birth certificate said Misty Brendle....I told Aaron I am a McLaughlan now! He just laughed.

I have an incredible Mother-in-law! She is amazing, and always on the go. I don't know how she does it! She's raised 5 kids and ran a business at the same time. She's a wonder woman alright! When we go on vacation she is so fun! And when Austin was born she was such a help to me, I had no clue what I was doing and she was the one Aaron and I would call at 1 in the morning when we had questions. She is always there and we are so grateful for her!

We had a wonderful day with our Mother's - Mother's are so special, can you even picture your life without our mother's - I can't and I am so blessed to have two amazing examples of what a mother's should be!


Me and my baby boy - I love you Austin, you are the reason I am a mommy!

3 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

SOOO Cute!!

Micah and Jen said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! Glad it was so great for you! :) Your little guy is really just too dang cute...I LOVE his sweet little smile!!!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Hi Mc Trio-

I am so happy you told me about your blog!! I love your family! I can't wait to see your new backyard!! Misty & Aaron you are the cutest parents!

Love you guys
Cousin Jenn