Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend

The McLaughlan's had a super fun weekend this past Memorial Holiday. We didn't let the gas prices keep us home - even though it cost us over $160 for gas just to go to Utah! It was worth it! We left Saturday morning to meet the rest of the McLaughlan clan at Grandma Dodie's house than we headed to Timpanogos Caves. It was a 1.5 Hike up and than 1.5 mile back....no one told me it was a basically up a mountain. Boy am I out of shape, I got 3/4 of the way and I was pooped! It was fun though, it's always nice to be with the whole family enjoying the outdoors. After the hike we all went to the new Indiana Jones movie (a little to e.t. for me). And despite being so tired from the hike we stayed up until 2 in the morning playing cards...it was a blast. By the end we were all so tired we were laughing at nothing....well Aaron laughed so hard he cried. The next day the guys went golfing and the girls went shopping and with the kids to the planitarium, I learned a lot there it was cool. And the next day we headed back home. I love weekends away with family! I am just thankful I have such fun in-laws who love spending time together.

Here are some pictures from the hike...

Austin wake and as soon as the car moves, he's out.

Austin loves his Grandpa Dan very much!

KarLee & Keagan at the begining of the hike


Aaron Austin and I starting the hike (poor Austin)


Aaron, Keagan, and Dan


Austin's first hike and he sleeped pretty much the whole time!

The view from the top was gorgeous

Inside the Timpanogos Caves

The whole group outside of the caves.

Keagan, Dan, and KarLee hiking back down the mountain.

4 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! That Timpanogas hike is a killer! Those McLaughlans and their card games- always a good time!

Love ya-
Jenn

Micah and Jen said...

What a fun weekend....love getaways and even better when they involve family!

The Hunters said...

I've always wanted to go that hike. your so lucky!!

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are so much fun to look at -- and your Austin is growing so much. When "our Austins" are older we will have to set up a play date (maybe the Gizmo's can come along)!