Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, April 6, 2009

I guess "The cats out of the bag"

or should I say, "there's a bun in the oven!"

I can't keep it to myself anymore---


read Austins shirt (this is how we told my family)


Yeap, that's right we are expecting #2! Austin is going to be a big brother, and he is only 1! Call us crazy but we are very excited! It has been very hard for me to keep this a secret, but even harder for Aaron (who actually tells everyone he runs into). But I have been good at keeping a secret...I've known for over 2 months now that I was pregnant! This was no mistake we wanted our first two kids to be close.

I am already 16 weeks along. And it has been a little hard with a one year old, morning sickness, flu, cold, and being busy with my photography. That's why I've been looking so "HOT" lately - people probably think I've just let myself go! But I think the morning sickness is about over...well I hope! It ended about 19-20 weeks when I was pregnant with Austin.

We were trying for an October baby (I've always wanted an October baby, it's my fav. month) but as usual Aaron can't wait for things and my due date is September 21st. I was honestly shocked that I got pregnant so fast. It took us a year the first time and about a week this time - I was amazed, but very excited!

We get to find out on the 28th if little baby Mac is a boy or girl! Our hopes are leaning towards a boy because we have all the boy stuff from Austin and they will be 19 months apart so it would be fun to have a boy for Austin. But I know we will be just as excited if it's a girl - even though my sister will kill me if we do. Either way we are just praying for a health baby!

Here are a few pictures from the first ultrasound last month. This makes all the morning sickness and sleepless nights worth it! So sweet and tiny!

In this one he was waving at us.



Oh it's so nice to have that out in the open now...it's like trying to hide an elephant, since I am starting to look more like one!

Here is the countdown as of today:


So that's what's new with our little trio....I guess we will have to come up with another name for our blog - any ideas?

15 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

That is awesome Misty! We are going to be prego together! You are due just about 3 weeks after me. I am due on the 4th... plus Hunter was born on the 25th, so I understand summer pregnancies too. I can't believe you've hid it this well for so long- I have been so sick and getting so big it was WAY obvious. Congrats to you guys- can't wait to hear what you're having!

Jesse and Brooke Ward said...

Congrats!! That is great! I am so excited for you! Hope you get feeling a little better. Keep us posted!

The Hunters said...

You Little Butt Head! I can't believe that you hid it that long! I swear you are you going to have your whole family done before I even start. Congrats! I'm so happy for your family!!!! :)

The Poulsen's said...

Congratulations!!! How exciting!! I'm so happy for you! I had Parker September 4th, so you can vent to me when you're the biggest in the hottest part of summer. : ) Keep in touch and keep me posted.

Mark and Shelbey said...

Congrats Misty! Thats so exciting...Its fun having them close Dallas and Addie play with each other now so its nice they both have a buddy to play with! Hope your feeling better :)

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Wahoo! I'm so excited for you both! Congrats!

New Blog Name Idea: The McLaughlan Quad- or
The 4 Mc's- or The Mc Pac!!

Love ya-
J

Unknown said...

Congratulations, that is such exciting news! I am so happy for you and Aaron.

The Johnson's said...

Congrats! That's so awesome!

The WIlloughby Family said...

You are a brave soul!! Honestly I love having my kids close together, they are almost 2 years exactly (little further than your babies will be :) ) and I love it!! Austin is so cute, I can't wait to see the next, it will be a little mini Misty!

Chelsi said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. You will be even more busy... but it's worth it.

Tony and Shani said...

CONGRATS! CONGRATS! CONGRATS! We are so excited for you! I can't believe you are having #2!!! You go girl :) I hope to see you and your little baby bump in about a month!

The Brendles said...

Still can't believe you kept it a secret for so long!!! I think we will try that next time around, yeah right I am just as bad as Aaron at keeping secrets :) We are so excited for you guys! Right now it may seem overwhelming to think you will have another little one but you will get the hang of it in no time and it's so much fun!! LOVE YOU!!

Unknown said...

Congrats officially. Matt didn't tell me until after we saw you that night.He thought I heard Aaron tell him,but I didn't so Congrats again.

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Yay! I am so excited for you guys! I can't wait to find out what you are having! You will love having two...I love how you told your family that is so cute!

Micah and Jen said...

That is so wonderful! Cam and Austin are 23 months apart and so close...but they do fight alot now that they are older! But, I wouldn't have had it any other way....I hope it's a boy too just for that reason! Oh I am so excited for you!!! If you need a little break send your little Austin down for a playdate....Gabe would love a friend!