Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Over Due and Ready to Go...

Well this will be the last post you will have to hear me whine about being pregnant!

I had another doctor appointment today and after he checked me he said I was still about 50% effaced and 1-2 cm dilated. Nothing has changed and I started to get emotional. My sweet husband hugged me as I cried in the clinic room because I knew what that meant. When the doctor can back Aaron asked if it was his wife what he would do and the doctor said he would induce her. I have been so against being induced because I figure she will come when she is good and ready! So after asking a bunch of questions we have decided to go in tonight at midnight for induction!

I’m not going to lie, I am so scared! Austin's delivery was so perfect and easy I was only in the hospital for 3 hours before he came. I've never been induced and I don't really know what to expect.

I really wanted to wait and go on my own but with my blood sugar problems I don't want the baby to get any bigger (so hopefully she's not already 10 lbs). And I am overdue and the doctor said you can run into problems with the placenta or umbilical cord going bad.
But on the other hand I am afraid if I get induced I will be pushing her and I will end up with a C-section. I can't have a C-section; I go back to photographing sessions on October 5th.
But after weighing the pros and cons it seems best for the baby to just get her here.

That means that by tomorrow night our little girl should be here...that makes me so happy (even though I can't stop crying because I am so scared something will go wrong!). It just feels like a bitter-sweet moment right now but I am sure that will go away as soon as I get to cuddle her in my arms.

So wish us luck and I promise the next post will be exciting and full of pictures! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck McLaughlan family!! I can't wait to see the beautiful addition. If you need anything we don't live far and I would be more than happy to help out. If for some reason you do have to have a c-section they aren't too bad and I have some good tricks that will have you on your feet in no time. Take care and I will be checking on a regular basis to see the pictures:)

The Hunters said...

Good Luck, Have Aaron give you a blessing before go, and everything will be fine. I can't wait to meet that little girl!

Shelley Patterson said...

Good luck! I hope all goes well. Can't wait to see pics!