Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our Baby Girl is Here...

This is a little late but when I finally had some time to blog about our new addition I found out that our computer had broke down and so I have been without a computer for the past week - very hard for me!

But good news is I've been to busy to really miss the computer.
I just wanted to do a quick post to show off our new baby girl-

Here she is:


Mylee Marie McLaughlan


born September 25th, 2009
@ 6:57 a.m.
6 lbs. 15 Oz.
19 1/2 inches

We love her to death and she is a wonderful addition to our little family! I feel so blessed to be able to have such a precious baby girl, she is perfect and she brings such a sweet spirit to our home.

Mylee's birth didn't go as planned by the doctor...which made me very happy! I was scheduled to go in at midnight for induction since she was overdue. As I have expressed before, being induced scared me...so I went home from the doctors office and cooked 3 meals, cleaned my house, and did laundry all day by the time Aaron got home from work I decided that I was having contractions every 20 mins. This made me so happy. I asked Aaron for blessing (which my father and father-in-law helped out) for comfort. Finally at about 2:30 in the morning the contractions slowed down from every 10 mins back to 45 mins...this worried me, Aaron and I decided that we should just go in for induction.
I got to the hospital and the contractions started to come every 5 mins ( I only knew this because of the machine telling me...I guess I have a high threshold for pain because I can only feel the big contractions) and I was dilated to a "6 maybe 7" - I was so ecstatic to hear those numbers!! So I got an epidural and they told me to rest. An hour later I was completely dilated and the doctor broke my water...when he did this he proceeded to tell me that we have to be careful because the baby had already had a bowel movement. He reassured me that it is very common and the baby should be just fine. He said he'd just let my body naturally push the baby out...I think he asked me to pushed twice and she was here. And the doctor was right she was perfectly fine, they cleared her lungs before she took a breath so there was no complications.

The labor went smoother than I had hoped for. 4 hours in the hospital and I was able to hold my baby girl! One of the best feelings in the world...the 9 months of morning sickness, weight gain, and all the wonderful things that come with being pregnant and giving birth are SO WORTH IT!

here are some pictures from the hospital:

I was so happy to have my baby girl finally here!
long fingers
She has long skinny feet like her dad
Austin didn't have to much interest in Mylee.

This was Mylee's going home outfit

Grandma Jan got it for her

It is so stinkin cute with little monkey's all over it!

I have to send out a huge thank you to my in-laws that helped me out so much with Austin and taking care of us when we came home from the hospital. You guys are the best and we appreciate all you do for our little family. We love you so much...thanks for being a part of our lives. And also thanks to my sister who kept me company and for all of the newborn clothes she handed down from Khloee - they are so cute and have come in handy! Also thank you to everyone who visited us in the hospital we appreciate you all!

3 comments:

Skye said...

Congratulations!!! Mylee is adorable, I love the picture of her smiling...it just melts your heart! And what's up with you looking all cute and perfect after just going through labor...not fair :)
I'm glad the delivery went well for you and she came so quickly. Best of luck to both mom and baby!

Dune Monkeys said...

Congrats girl, she is so cute. I have to tell myself not to just drop in on you....its hard. I don't have your number anymore, long story. Anyways, congrats!!!

Shelley Patterson said...

Oh, she is precious! I love her smile. And I think that Austin's look on his face is hilarious. He looks like "what the heck is that?" I love it.