Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Saturday, October 17, 2009

A "Crappy" Day

Here is a warning in advance...do not read this post if you don't want to here a story with a lot of "crap".

Yesterday started out like any normal day -
and I had no idea that it would be one of the "crappiest" days for my little buddy and the smelliest for me!

Austin loves to take bath in our big jetted tub and it's easy for me to just let him play in the tub while I get the baby get ready for the day.

So as usual Austin was in the tub playing with his toys while talking about Grandpa (that's all he talks about). And I was changing Mylee on our bed. After I got Mylee all ready I went into the bathroom to get Austin out of the tub...and low and behold Austin had pooped in the tub (I was a little shocked because he hasn't done this is a long time). I hurried and turned off the jets and pulled him out and put him in the shower - where he of course cried the whole time because he hates the shower! So I started to clean out the tub...I threw all of his toys in both of the sinks with bleach. It took me an hour to clean the tub and I needed to clean the jets so I filled the tub up with water, but when I pushed the button for the jets to turn on it wouldn't work (Yay now I’m thinking all the crap clogged to jets).

Austin had a couple more crappy experiences that he actually kept in his diaper (I was thankful for that - I can handle a poopy diaper but not when it escapes the diaper). I figured he was done for the day.

Nope!

Aaron and the kids came with me to do a photo session in Pocatello last night he watched the kids while I worked. After the session we decided to go to dinner at IHOP. We got to IHOP and Aaron went to put Austin in the highchair and he asked me what was on Austin's shoe. I looked down and there was "crap" all over his shoe. So we quickly and quietly packed up the kids and walked out. We had to change Austin in the parking lot...we must of looked pretty silly because it was talking both of us to clean all of the crap up - it was EVERYWHERE! Aaron held his legs straight up and I distributed wipes (about 20 of them) Funny thing is when we finally got to the diaper (where you expect the worst) there was hardly any! It was so bad that we just threw his clothes away - even his very cute DC shoes. It was horrible!
Note: Don't buy $30 shoes for your 20-month-old he will just poop in them!

I am guessing that if you read through our crappy day that you must be a mother...because only a mother can relate to and find the humor in a poop story! :)

But my poor kid has been battling diarrhea for almost 2 months now...everyone says that I shouldn't worry about the diarrhea because he is probably teething. Is that normal for 2 months? I asked the doctor 2 weeks ago and he said that it could be the reason. I just feel so bad for my little buddy! Is there something I can give him to help? Should I be worried it's been almost 2 months? Should I take him into the doctor and demand him to check him out?

I love being a mother, crappy day and all, but I hate the times where I feel so helpless. I don't like the fact that there is nothing I can do for my boy. I want to be able to make him feel better and it frustrates me that I can't!

I had to throw in a picture - and I know you don't want to see a picture of our "crappy" day so I decided to throw this one in from last week. Austin wanted to hold Mylee and I finally let him - he is such a proud big brother!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

How ironic that you should post this, cuz about 4 months ago (19 months) Matti was the same way she would hardly eat and she had nothing but diarrhea diapers. I finally took her in after two months and the Dr. said to watch her cuz it's not uncommon and if it lasted a couple more weeks to take her in for a stool sample. We luckily never got to that point, but I did notice that that whole time she was getting her 24month molars. Good luck and hopefully things won't be so "crappy" for you.

Shelley Patterson said...

Poor guy. I never had to deal with diarrhea when Hunter teethed, so I have no idea about how long that should last. Good luck with it... hopefully it will end soon.

Chelsi said...

I can't even imagine... I'm not a fan of poop and not really looking forward to the blowouts :) Poor kid! Tydon didn't really have diarrhea when he was teething so I can't relate to that one. I've actually never heard that. Hope it clears up soon though. You are super mom :)

The Brendles said...

Oh man Misty! Sounds like it was quite the day for ya! Both the boys seem to have that problem when they teeth, but not for 2 months, thats crazy! Does he still eat good? Well hope today is a better day for ya!

Dune Monkeys said...

Even though it might be due to teething, you can probably help it a little with the diet. I have done the BRAT diet with Bradach and it has helped, even when he is teething. Its Banana's, rice, applesauce, and Toast (plain). Plus tons of fluids (non sugary) to help flush stuff out. If it is teething it might not help too much but his system probably needs a reboot, with easy to digest foods and lots of liquid too keep the guy from getting dehydrated. Good Luck!!!

Jenny said...

So Cute the two of them are. Her photos are adorable. Hang in there now there are 2 crapy diapers to change. lol

Micah and Jen said...

well, that is CRAPPY! Poor little guy. Gabe will go through times like that and we have no idea why. We feed him lots of yogurt and it seems to help. Poor little ones. I wish they could just tell us what was wrong...it would really help! Hope things are going better now....and I LOVE this photo! Soooo sweet! :)