Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Crazy Busy Halloween

I know this post is late (even though I am putting the post date as Halloween) but I had to hurry and throw these few pictures I have up just so I feel better about the whole Halloween situation - long story (I will sum it up after the pictures!)

Our little family spent Halloween this year in Neola, Utah with Aaron's family. I was able to set up a little photo booth at their carnival while the family enjoyed the food and fun activities.

I was able to sneek away for a minute to take a few pictures of Austin enjoying the Cake Walk.


Grandma and Austin on the Cake Walk


Austin won...he was pretty excited


He like the game so much that he and daddy did it again but he didn't win

I am so embarassed to be posting these pictures
but to avoid feeling like the worst mom ever I had to post them.
Basically in a nut shell the studio lights (or light since Austin broke one)
are cheap and HORRIBLE! But I am happy to say that they are
retired and I am finally getting nice studio lights! :)
Austin and Ryan
- Aaron's family helped me out a lot by watching Austin while I did the photo booth.

Here is little Mylee she was wonderful she sleeped most of the time.
(once again I am not proud of these pictures but the subjects are sweet!)

Ok so here goes my Halloween story...

I officially deserve the worst mother award for Halloween this year. For one I don't think I will ever do a photo booth on Halloween night again! I felt guilty the whole time that I wasn't spending time with my kids...I didn't even see Austin all night except the Cake Walk. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I feel like I didn't even get to enjoy it with my kids. And to top it off I forgot Mylee's costume at home...that made me feel terrible. Austin and Mylee were going to be matching monkeys. I had cute bows on Mylee's and a little tutu. Yeah it was so cute and she didn't even get to use it. And I didn't even get any pictures of them together or any pictures really period - the pictures above are the only ones I took of them all night.
Yeap that's right I was a crappy mommy this year on Halloween. And the photo booth didn't turn out to well either as you can tell with my crappy light. Half of them turned out cute and the other half have a funky glow to them....maybe that's because half way through as I was posing a kid a little girl knocked a pumpkin over and it hit my camera and the camera hit the floor - yeah not to good for the camera! My heart sank...$1500 camera hitting the floor doesn't add to your already crappy night! It seems to be fine I've done a few sessions since and they have turned out just fine. So hopefully the camera is fine - that's the last thing I need right now is a broken camera!

So that is my Crazy Busy Halloween. I guess it's a Halloween I will never forget!

But you can guarantee next year I will be going all out for my kids! And no Photography on Halloween night...except the thousands of cute adorable pictures of my kiddos I will be taking. I already know what we are all going to be for next year, it's going to be so cute and even Aaron and I will be dressing up with the kids! Can't wait!

6 comments:

Mark and Shelbey said...

First of all your not a horrible mom! I am pretty sure you are so busy with everything else you have going on right now (a one month old newborn is so much work just by herself!)But I do understand you probably would have rather spent the night enjoying your own babies!! I didn't get very good pics with my kids on Halloween night either I actually redressed them the next day just so I could have a couple pics with them together!

Jenny said...

Don't worry at least you had your camera. I couldn't find mine that night and have a stupid picture of them seperate on my phone. Yuck oh well that's why our minds are the memories too. I can't waite to see what next year brings for your costumes.

Jenny said...

Hey who won the contest on your blog and where did that post go????

The Ferrell's said...

I wouldnt worry bout it! I didn't get any pictures of Katreena either I figured I would put her back in her costume later and take them! I am glad that you are finally getting your new lights you have been wanting to get them for a long time! Our Halloween was crappy also! My long story short...We are no longer going to that church anymore!

Micah and Jen said...

Well, you are NOT horrible at all. And I don't blame you for not doing pictures on Halloween night. This is the 2nd year I did them during the day on Halloween....and that was way stressful, eventhough I only scheduled 4 sessions....way too much! I think you should dress up your little monkeys and do a cute session of them....and they will NEVER know the difference. Only you will know this little secret! :) You're a great mommy and just trying to get use to 2 kids...it's alot of work! Like I said, if you can do 2 kids you can do 10! :)

Dune Monkeys said...

Don't be so hard on yourself girl! Your an awesome mom! When you feel like you are a bad mom turn on the tv, there are tons of unfit parents to see there!