Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

One Week to Go

It's amazing how much I have been blogging lately...it helps that I have been waiting around to go into labor!!!

I had my 39 week check-up yesterday with some bad news - I am still only 30-40% effaced and not dilated at all!! Not what a pregnant woman wants to hear in her 39th week. I talked it over with my doctor and we decided not to induce this week. So I will get to see my due date (21st) come and go with no baby girl in hand...he said he will let me go up to 41 weeks if I want to try and go natural. I am so worried about being induced but I am so worried about having a HUGE baby. I've had all my blood sugar problems and insulin problems as it is I’m so scared she is going to come out a 10 pound baby. I expressed my concern about it and asked the doctor if there was any way to tell how big the baby was and he looked at me and said..."I'd say 6 1/2 maybe 7 lbs."...just curious but how can you tell how big a baby is if you don't measure or do an ultrasound??? So that didn't ease my worries at all.

But I guess my check-up wasn't all bad news...I only gained 1 pound during fair week. I was so shocked because I was loving the sweets. I think in total I had a bag of cotton candy, scones, and 3 cinnamon rolls. I thought for sure I'd gain 5 lbs. So now my total gained is 15 lbs. which is all my doctor wanted me to gain (I better pop this kid out before I gain anymore). I know 15 lbs. sounds good to a lot of you but to me who still had 10 lbs. to loose from her first baby and already being overweight. But my goal will be to lose 30 lbs. total. It may sound weird but I can't wait to get back into the habit of going to the gym each morning with my dad, I was really good about it until the morning sickness hit me when I was pregnant with Austin...and the gym hasn't seem much of me since than - and you can tell!!

I was just really wishing I'd be holding my baby girl by now...Im also worried because I am suppost to be going back to work by October 5th (my first scheduled photo session). And I am getting a very busy schedule for October. I also have my family trip to Jackson Hole the first weekend in October and I think we will have to miss it.

Anyways I am just going on and on...

I guess it's also been nice that the baby hasn't came yet I've been getting a lot of my projects done for her that I've wanted to do. I never thought I'd got crazy over all the stuff you can do and make for girls...but it's hit me and I am having tons of fun. I am almost halfway through my list of things I wanted to do.

Here is a peek:

-Hooded Towel
-Clips
-Bows, Bows, and more BOWS
- Burp Cloths
-Baby Bracelet
-Girl Monkeys
- Sippy Cup Holder

To do:
-Baby Blocks & Rings
-Binkie holder
-Tag Rag
- Car Carrier Cover
- Baby Legs
- Bow holder

To see the projects in more detail check out my Motherhood site:
foreveramother.blogspot.com
I am trying to post them soon.

3 comments:

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

Oh you poor lady!!! I hope that you go in to labor soon! But I will say that I didn't mind my induction but I am going to try to wait this time around. I too am afraid that I am going to have a HUGE baby!!! I swear she is probably already bigger than Owen was and I don't really think I can handle delivering more than that! All of your projects look so fun!! I hope that you get them all done and that that girl gets to you safe and sound and sooner rather than later!!!

Micah and Jen said...

Oh you poor thing! I wish there was a way to go into labor and not be induced. I was induced with my last 2 pregnancies, and I have to say, it wasn't bad at all....but I am an epidural kind of gal, so I just got that right off the bat too and didn't feel a thing! YOu can do this though....you are AMAZING and super strong! Again, if you ever need to send Austin down for a playdate please do....we would love to have him play withus! Thinking of you tonight and praying if you haven't already had that baby girl that you will have her on your due date....wich is only 1 hour from right now!

Chelsi said...

You are so close! I was 8 days late with Tydon, but so glad I waited and went into labor on my own. (I didn't dilate either...) You are getting so many projects done though! Nice work ;) Can't wait to see more done. Good luck!! Hope all goes well - keep us updated :)