Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, February 23, 2009

A quick little Thank You

I just read the comments about my cranky boy post and I wanted to post a quick thank you to everyone that has been helping me lately. It really does mean a lot to me. Me being a first time mom, and having NO CLUE! It's nice to know I can post questions and my blogging friends come to my rescue!

It doesn't seem like my blog has been much of a journal for our family like I have wanted it to, it's become a question board it seems. But I really do appreciate all of your input and advice. You have all helped me so much.

Many have asked about the bottle/binky situation. Austin is off the bottle completely and seems to be doing just fine but because of all of his whining lately I have given him his binky back when he naps and is really fussy - but not in public (and he seems fine with that).

I still worry that I am not feeding him the most healthy things for his growing body...I wasn’t raised on great foods, health wise...we were a pop-tart for breakfast, Mac-n-Cheese for lunch, and Pizza for dinner type of family. I have been cooking more than I ever have since Aaron and I have been married and I actually don't mind it....but I won't say I love it. I try to give Austin some type of fruit with breakfast and lunch, and I still feed him baby food veggies with dinner because I want to make sure he is getting something, some what healthy. I still struggle with what to feed him for main meals, the doctor said just feed him what we eat but I have a hard time feeding Austin manwich and tacos (that's what I know how to cook :) But other than the food he has transitioned really well.

As for the bug going around, I really hope he doesn't get it he is finally over his sick stage (with all the ear infections and colds). I have tried giving him Infant Motrin and Ora-jel before bed and he still woke up during the night. Night terrors? Do babies really experience these? I have wondered if Austin has had nightmares before. For one week straight he would wake up at 3 in the morning just screaming and I thought he might be having a nightmare.

Anyways my quick thank you has become a long post...

So thank you for all of the support and encouraging words. I don't know what I would do without my blogging friends.

Hey maybe by the time we have another kid I will have this mommy thing down and I won't have to ask so many questions...and maybe I can help out someone else with all this wisdom :)

Thanks again!

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

You are so cute and doing an AWESOME job as a mommy! You need to give yourself way more credit than you do....Austin is one lucky kiddo! As for the food...feel lucky if you get him to eat at all...somedays all Gabe eats is gummy snacks and goldfish....and my doc says that's okay! I guess they just learn to eat what we are eating....he'll get it down! Again...if you need a break head on down...we're almost ALWAYS home!

Shelley Patterson said...

Don't worry about asking questions. Everyone does. And you are right- you will be able to help someone else out later. The thing is, all kids are different so you may even be asking some questions with your second child as well. But don't worry- I'm sure you're getting the Mommy thing down just fine. :)