Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Birthday, Bowling, Broken Bones, & Baptism

What a weekend!
Friday night we celebrated Danee’s birthday (Aaron’s little sister). It was her Sweet 16. Jan rented out the bowling alley (Starlite Lanes) and everyone had a great time. On one side was all of Danee and her friends and the other side were all the family and close friends. It was a lot of fun. We haven’t been bowling in years. Aaron and I were challenged to a few games my Jenny and Jason…it was a pretty close game but Aaron and I pulled it off. All I know is I can’t bowl like a used to, my dad would be ashamed! But I broke 100 every time. :) We let Austin bowl once to see what he would do. It was cute. I can’t wait until he is a little older and my dad can take him bowling. I grew up around the bowling alley so I have a lot of fun memories there. But I think Austin had a lot more fun being fed all the good food they had and being loved by every one. It was nice I didn’t have to worry about him the whole night. And Aaron’s sister Mindee was in town and she kidnapped him for the whole days so it was pretty nice to get some stuff done around the house for once. (Thanks again Mindee your wonderful! Austin wished you lived closer.) But since it was Friday the 13th something had to go wrong. Jan was bowling and she slipped on the lanes and landed on her wrist Aaron and Dan ran her to the hospital and she ended up breaking her left wrist. It was a bad ending to a fun night.

Danee the birthday girl


Aaron trying to pick up the Spare.



Austin's first time bowling

I don't think he liked that his ball didn't come back.
Well that was fun...where's the food?

Randee helping Taylor bowl

I had to put this photo in. It shows the humor of our family. Mindee and Brent got Danee some boy underware for her birthday as a joke. And Ryan and Brent were modeling it.




VALENTINE'S DAY
Saturday we were able to watch Ryan (Aaron’s cousin) be baptized. It has been neat to watch Ryan grow in the gospel since he started living with Aaron’s family last year. We are proud of Ryan and the decision he has made. After the baptism they held a lunch for Ryan at the church and I spent most of my time in the gym watching the kids play. Austin was in heaven. He would walk to one side of the gym and than turn around and walk back. I think that is the most he has walked on his own. It makes me wish we just had a huge run where he could run around in. And he has such wonderful cousins that love to play with him. We just wish they lived closer.
I also wished my sister Cyndee and her family lived closer to us. Aaron and I went on a double date for Valentine’s Day with Cyndee and Steve and we had a lot of fun! We ate at Johnny Corinos, I had the Salmon which was SOOO GOOD! But later my stomach decided it didn’t like it and rejected it as soon as we got home, so I will not be eating there again. But we were able to go see the movie, “He’s just not that into you”. I thought it was a cute movie. It was nice to go out with my sister and spend sometime with her. And I am so thankful I have such wonderful in-laws that they watch my son all night for me. Thank you Dan and Jan!!!

7 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

Looks like fun to go bowling....I haven't done that in years but my boys would love it! Maybe when the girls are a litle bigger! :) And yay for a date out! Glad it was fun and I can't wait to see that movie....looks so funny!

Chelsi said...

Bowling is so much fun! Love the picture you threw in... looks like a fun fam!!

The Hunters said...

Sounds like you guys had an exciting weekend! I feel so bas for Jan! that would hurt so bad! I hope that you had a great Valentine's day!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you should wish your sister lived closer because she is the bomb. Thanks for the really fun night. It was a blast, we must do it again, soon!

Unknown said...

Sounds like you've had some fun!!I love the pictures of Austin bowling.

Mary Gibb said...

I found your blog! Your little Austin is so cute! It is fun to read up on your life and what you are up to. Drop me a line when you get a chance. Take it easy!

Dune Monkeys said...

Do you remember when we would each get a dollar and one of us would buy fries and the other would buy the sodas? Ha Ha!