Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, February 23, 2009

Cranky Boy....

I love being a mother, and I still feel like it's one of the most important roles a woman can have, not to mention the most fulfilling. But sometimes I just want to scream and pull my hair out. It would just be so much easier if I knew what was going on in his little body. Austin has been so whinny the past few days. I feel like nothing I do makes him happy. Saturday night was a hard night for both of us. Austin and I didn't really go to bed until 6 a.m. Every time I laid him in bed he would scream. I would even rock him to sleep and as soon I put him in his crib he'd wake up. We tried this about 4 times. (The whole time daddy was snoring away in bed - which he needed, he hasn't been getting home from work until 3 in the morning the past week) I even let Austin cry for about 30 minutes while I cried outside the door. Finally at 6 in the morning I cuddled him up with me in bed. We slept for about 4 hours and he was wide awake again. I just wish I knew what was going on? He just cut another tooth a few days ago but he has never acted like this when he cuts a tooth. All day yesterday he cried and cried until we went to see Grandma and Grandpa Mc. Today seems to be another day of whining. No matter what I do he cries. It is really starting to worry me and make me think I won’t ever be able to handle more than one kid. Is Austin just being a baby or is something really bugging him? I get little sleep as it is and now he wakes up all through the night…I am like a walking zombie some days, and I look it too. I feel like I am going to lose my mind. But when he comes up to me and smiles I forget how frustrated I am.....until he starts to whine.

4 comments:

Chelsi said...

It seems like every kid goes through stages and responds to things differently. Watch to see if he is pulling on his ears or different signs of something bothering him. Say a little prayer and ask for guidance. You'll know what to do.

Unknown said...

He might not be feeling well. As much as I hate to tell you to try it (b/c it shouldn't be used just because) but since it has been on going - have you tried Tylenol at night? I would give it about 1/2 hr before bedtime. If you haven't tried that a little won't hurt - just do it a couple of days if it helps and then stop and see how it goes. My kids will go through whinny stages, and I think right after a year it gets really bad. They go through separation anxiety (in my kids cases we went through a few phases of this) and also their imaginations start to develop so maybe he is having night terrors. Sometimes the only thing you can do during the day is nothing but put down your needs and devote the time you have to him - coloring, water playing, getting out play-do, or whatever makes him happy. Trust me when I say that two isn't much different. What did you decide to do with the bottle/binkie/baby food switch? You may need to evaluate those things too b/c it may be too much for him. Don't ever let your Dr. tell you what to do - you are the mother. Each child develops differently and like mine told me as long as they are off those things by 18-24mo. (our last was the binkie at about a year and a half) then it is fine and taking away all comforts from such a tiny little guy can be rough. Good luck - it will get easier.

Micah and Jen said...

That's so hard. THere is a nasty bug going around and it sounds like he may have the begining of it. Also....all of my boys have gone through a stage where they are just whiny and want us to hold them 24/7. It's so hard to know what to do. If you need a break bring him on down for a playdate sometime....we have lots of screaming kiddos at our house....what's one more!?! Kidding....he is more than welcome to come and play anytime and honestly it won't bug me if he is whiny....I'm old seasoned pro now! :) HUGS!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Oh Misty...I so remember those days. They do eventually pass...but you feel like you are losing your mind and that you must be the worst mom in the world. I promise you that every baby goes through this phase. They don't even know what they want. Their bodies are changing and hurting and they don't understand it either. It will gradually get better, and then one day you will look back and remember when...Hang in there!