Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, February 9, 2009

It's My Party and I'll cry if I want to....

Saturday we celebrated Austin's 1st birthday (Even though he isn't 1 until tomorrow). I was all excited for his first birthday party, we did a monkey theme. Everyone told me not to make a big deal about it because he won't show interest....well I didn't listen and I was a little disappointed with his reaction. I don't think he smiled in any picture. He didn't even want to eat his cake. But we enjoyed having our family and some friends over to help us celebrate. Even though Austin won't ever remember this, mom will and it meant a lot to me.

Here are some photos:

All of the kids - Austin crying

Everyone enjoying cupcakes

Party favors, Grandma Jan got these for all the kids.

Opening some presents, not to excited...

Showing some interest...

Getting into it....

Taylor and Bowen enjoyed Austin's presents more than anyone
He finally started to get into it on the last present.

Grandma trying to get him to eat his cake

I don't think he liked the taste..

So we tried a cupcake...still didn't want to eat it, so we just put it all over him.
I don't think he likes to be dirty. And I don't think he likes cake....
He must take after his daddy.

We also got Parker a cake and sang to him, his birthday was in a few days
- he was more excited than Austin
his face was so cute. He enjoyed eating all of the frosting.

I had to throw in these pictures.
Austin would play with a balloon than let it go
and it would float up and he would do the cutest face
like he was amazed.

3 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

Oh I am so sorry that it didn't turn out the way you had hoped! Kids will do that to you! :) He's your first and I totally understand that you hoped it would be prefect....I was the same way! :) Gabe ONLY wanted the balloons at his party too....no smiles other than the balloons! :)

Tony and Shani said...

I heard your party was a blast! I absolutely love the decor and the monkey theme! It all turned out so amazing.

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

That is exciting! And you will remember it so you will feel good in the long run that you gave him a great party!!! He will love to look at the pictures when he is older!