Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Thursday, November 20, 2008

A "dog-gone" close scare

Sunday our little family woke up to a big scare....

Aaron went out to feed the dogs and he started yelling for me. I ran outside to see what was up. Missy our black lab was laying on the ground. She kept trying to stand but she couldn't. Of course we knew right away something was wrong. Aaron called vet that was on call and told him what was going on. He said she must have an upset stomach and to just give her Pepto-Bismol and she should be fine. So Aaron went out and gave her some. I took out a towel and wrapped her up and held her. Her eyes were fixed, you could see all the whites around her iris and she was so stiff. After a moment she threw up (it was all green, I thought it would be pink from the medicine). I moved her and kept rubbing her. After about 30 minutes she seemed to do better, she was even chewing on a bone. So I told Aaron to give her some food - I knew she was hungry. Aaron sat out some food and she stood up and took two steps and collapsed and started to shake. This scared me so much, I told Aaron to call the vet back and tell him we are bringing her in.
So Aaron put her in the back of the truck to go to the vet. It was so sad her head was poking out of the bed of the truck and she gave me the saddest look. I was afraid I wasn't going to see her again. After the vet checked her out Aaron called me and told me she had been poisoned. (My mother-in-law thinks it might be one of our neighbors - I'd like to think no one would do that) So we don't know how she got poisoned. They gave her an injection and said they needed to keep her over night. This was the first type Kelso had been without Missy longer than an hour - ever since we had them. Kelso cried the rest of the day and all night!!! I don't know what we'd do if one of them pass away, the other would probably die of sadness. Anyways to make the story shorter, Missy is doing just fine now, Kelso is happy and we still don't know how she got poisoned. It's a good thing we took her in or she wouldn't be here.

I know I've posted these pictures before but I love them so much I had to post them again!


Even though we've been having problems with our dogs, they are good dogs and have wonderful personalities (even though I say they are little, "insert a four letter word beggining with S" (I get mad sometimes at them) I love them and I never want anything bad to happen to them. I just wish we could provide them with a better living situation. But I know they are in a way better situation that they were (I feel like we saved them from some pretty bad living conditions).

2 comments:

The Hunters said...

Misty, I'm so happy that everything is okay. That would scare the crap out of me! I have no idea what I would do if anything happened to my cats, its true when they say pets are part of your family.

Micah and Jen said...

That is so scary! I hope that you can figure out who would do this! That is awful!!! I am a total animal lover and can't imagine how awful that would be to see your poor dog like that. we just have our cats right now but I want a dog so bad....but alas, I realize the LAST thing I need around here is another thing that poops....maybe in a year we'll get one. So glad she is okay!