Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Parade & Fair Fun

It's fair time again!! And our little trio has been busy!

Aaron decided about a week about to build a deck on the front of our house....and the day before the parade he decided to do it! He loves to wait until the last minute to destroy the house - it must be a family thing :) He worked on it all Friday night (with help from friends and family) until they lost light and than he woke up at 6 Saturday morning to finish it. He barely had it done in time. Doesn't look to bad (he still has to finish a few things). I don't know why he had to get it done for the Parade, everyone was by the street. He makes me laugh sometimes! Last year he did the same thing - he waited until two days before the Parade to lay sod for our front yard, and so our grass was all wet because we had to keep water on it. I dont' know what it is but he like to push a deadline. I don't think he really ever stresses, and things like that stress me out! I wonder what he is going to do for next year? But he is making our house wonderful! Thanks babe!

And so with our deck done we had our friends and family on our front yard for the parade. The best part was that my sister Cyndee and her husband Steve surprised me and showed up for the weekend. We had a lot of fun. I think this is one of Aaron's fav. days of the year - besides Christmas - he looks forward to having people at our house and the parade is the best excuse he has. He cooked about 75 hot dogs, and they were all eaten - And I never got one! Even the mailman got one! :) So here are some pics from the parade:

Bowen - only the Brendle family will appreciate these photos. Bowen stands just like Tim did when we were little.

Steve & Spice


The little kids lines up with their bowl to collect candy.

Grandpa Dan with Austin and Taylor


Kaidence & Austin

Zack and his family
Little baby Boston was asleep for most of the parade


Jessica & Austin

Grandma Dodie, me and Austin

Kaidence holding little baby Kyler

Keagan, Brooklyn, Cyndee, Bowen, & Kaidence

Sunday we finally made it to the fair (I know I feel bad for going on Sunday). Jenna, Jess, and I all walked around with our husbands for a few hours....we've decided that the fair NEVER changes. I think we did the whole fair thing in 2 hours. Than Jenna, Kevin, Aaron, and I went to the Tracker Pulls. I had never been to one and I loved it! It was neat to see the different trucks and mini's they had.

2 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

I laughed on Saturday because I saw Aaron cruise down the road in his golf cart and go to Tessoro for some pop....heah, what a great idea. The policeman totally thought he was part of the parade!

Micah and Jen said...

Isn't the parade the BEST thing about living on this street??? SOOOO fun! I didn't even go outside until the parade started and then wonderful Micah had put up the canopy AND my swing so i could be comfy! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new deck & did notice at how quickly it went up! Yay for a fast hubby on projects.....if he's bored send him our way! :) Glad the fair was fun.....eventhough it's ALWAYS the same, I still want to go! :)