Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Thursday, September 25, 2008

I really don't like Golf!





Im struggling and Im not quite sure what to do.

Aaron has left for - yet another golf tournament.
Before he left I was pretty silent. I just basically told him I love you and goodbye.
I try really hard to be supportive of his hobby. And I’ve been trying really hard not to complain about it. I know he works hard and he deserves his free time. I just wish that a little bit of that free time would include me in it. I guess the best way to describe how I am feeling is hurt.

He'd drop anything to go golf. I guess him and his buddies have been planning this golf trip and he told me Monday night. To be honest with you, I don't even know where he is? Somewhere in Utah. He just got back from a golf trip in MT and he is going on another one in October in NV. He just up and takes off for a few days to go golf.

So since it is 2:00 a.m. and I am wide awake I thought I'd blog these cartoons that explain how I am feeling. They totally discribe Aaron.

Anyone else have an addicted husband like mine???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay!!! I so know how you feel. The only thing is it is an opposite season for me. It is snowmobile season. During that season nothing else matters except snowmobiling. It drives me crazy. And as a wife. I look forward to the seeing snowmobile season come around at first. You want them to be happy and let me tell you--I have never seen Mitch get so excited when the snow falls. But about 4 weeks into I am so tired of it and he doesn't understand why I get so upset and I don't understand why he can't understand. UGGHH.. I am almost positive you get the point. Anyhow--Bear with it!! I know how you feel and if you ever want to vent give me a call!!!!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

I think eventually every husband develops some annoying hobby. With my dad it was mountain climbing/outdoor sports, it use to drive my mom and me nuts. We could never depend on dad to be anywhere. Now my hubby is into Native American stuff. Pow wows, beading, tanning hides, sweat lodge, volunteering at the reservation, etc. etc. etc. IT IS SO ANNOYING. I think the worst part is that I don't relate at all. I just try to remember my love of blogging, decorating, and shopping. He doesn't relate at all, and really I would rather do it alone. I would suggest going with the flow- but then every once in a while, give him a taste of his own medicine and just take off with your girlfriends at the last minute. We all need our space, but sometimes our hubbies need to remember how special our time is together. I feel your pain.

Chelsi said...

Oh boy! Good to know there is another addicted husband out there, but it's not very much fun sometimes! Gordon hasn't been quite as bad this summer, but he LOVES golf. We will be in St. George in November since it's too cold here to play... what if we went away?!?

Unknown said...

Misti- I have a plan we need to get a hobby and leave like they do!!! Shopping... then we could have an excuse to go all over the place. Actually, I am not sure if you like golfing, but, I take both kids and I go with Matt, but I golf too. I use to sit at home when Hallie was little but then I figured I might as well join him instead of sitting at home. So Hallie has just grown up golfing and now Matti is doing the same thing. I really am serious any time Aaron is gone or if you get board call me!!!