Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking????


Ok everyone listen up.... I know a lot of you are digital scrapbookers, and I want in on it!!!

I am so sick of making such a mess when I scrapbook, and not to mention the butt load of money I spend on it! I've been told that it's so much easier to do scrapbooking digitally. And there is no mess - how nice! SO I want to start. I've asked many people how and no one seems to be able to tell me how you start. And I've seen that you can get free layouts online? So how do I do this? I really need help and I know there are a lot of you out there that know how - so spread the wealth! :)

I need help! I haven't scrapbooked in a very long time, I've been to busy to pull it out and make a mess...the only scrapbooking I have done is the premade book my wonderful sister gave me for Austin (it's cute!). But I have like a million pictures I need to scrapbook!

So is digital really easier and faster? Can you print out the pages? Does it cost a lot?

Someone help me get started....Please. :)

6 comments:

The WIlloughby Family said...

Okay, it really is so easy! You already have photoshop, so now go to http://www.freedigitalscrapbooking.com/digital_scrapbooking_howto.html
and watch the video tutorial. After that download the surf kit and try it out. It really will be easy for you since this is all your territory! Then...start downloading. Here are some of my favorite sites:

http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/
http://digifree.blogspot.com/
http://mandymystiques.wordpress.com/page/3/

***(one of my favs)***
http://www.shabbyprincess.com/downloads.asp
http://www.cottagearts.net/home.html

Anyway I hope this helps. You will have so much fun!! Call me if you need help. Warning though, it is addictive!!

Jess

Shelley Patterson said...

That sounds like a great idea. I've heard a little about it too. I'll have to get some of these webpages off of here now!

Chelsi said...

I know there are several free options, but I decided to sign up with heritagemakers.com and I have not been disappointed. The have everything you could ever want. They send your book bound to you in the mail after you have completed your project. My header on my blog came from there. It is so nice doing it online- saving my work- picking right up where I left off- no mess! You can do several sizes, canvas prints, cards, calendars... if you have questions e-mail me at gordnchels@gmail.com

Micah and Jen said...

Jessica took care of all the particulars....and I have NO DOUBT you will pick this up in no time! It's so fun and easy. And the best part....you can print out your pages via a lab I use online....www.scrapbookpictures.com and you can print out 12x12 and they are kuje $3.50 each or you can do other sizes too....like 8 1/2x11 or 8x8 or just whatever on there. Let me know if you need any help though! :)

Tony and Shani said...

You will have to let me know if you love doing the digital scrapbooking! I have been interested but I haven't taken the time to try it. You be the guinea pig and let me know what you think. It sounds almost too good to be true:)

Anonymous said...

You probably don't know me, but I got your link off of Jenny G's blog. Jessica Sprague has the BEST on line class for beginning digi scrapping. Her site is
www.jessicasprague.com/
It is so worth the $. It can be really over whelming at first and there is a bit of a learning curve. And what's so great about Jessica's site is that she uses videos and you will always have access to the lessons.
Have fun! I've been digi scrapping for about 4 years and really love it.
Kristine Schnittgen