Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Thursday, August 7, 2008

I am a late bloomer!

Yes I know summer is close to being over and normal people plant flowers at the first of summer or middle....not me! Im just happy I have any at all!

Saturday I decided I was sick of the outside of our house looking like "white-trash" so we went to Wal-Mart and I picked out some pots (on a super sale) to plant some flowers in. Since it is the end of the season there wasn't much to choose from but you can't beat the price of 50 cents! And I know they will only last a few months....if that, since most were annuals.

I went home and planted my pots to put on my front porch...that wasn't enough, my house still looked trashy! I decided to pretend that I am a gardner like my mom and we dug up all the old bark on the left side of the house and put flowers and new dirt there. And anyone who knows me knows I do not have a green thumb at all!

Of course my few hours planned to beautify my house turned into a weekend project. I am proud of myself though. I must of done an ok job because here it is Thursday and they are all still alive......(knock on wood)

Anyways here are a few pics of the out come - I wish I would have taken a before pic, it looked awful.



1 comment:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Looks so cute! I like how you put the one pot on its side in the dirt. How creative!