Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, August 11, 2008

6 Months old and growing.....

Austin is now 6 months old. I can't believe it! This past Thursday he went in for his 6 month check-up and shots (I hate doing shots I feel so mean - but he's a tough dude he only cries for a second).

He weighed in at a whoppin 18 lbs. and 28 inches! He is so big! He is like a monster compared to every baby I know around his age. And I know this sounds so dumb and maybe silly of me but I am so afraid he is going to be a fat kid....I know sounds horrible of me to say - but it's a worry I have always had. I know what it's like to be teased growing up because you are fat. Kids are so mean and that's the last thing I want my kids to go through. It just seems like he is so much bigger than everyone else and weighs a lot too. And I know I should worry at all, he's a baby! And he is healthy so I should be happy, and grateful! I just can't help that the worry of my kids being fat and tease is always in the back of my mind. Even the nurse that weighed him said he was average. I felt a little better when she told me she weighed a baby the other day who was 6 months and it was 25 lbs. So I guess he could be a lot bigger! Anyways....

So he is 6 months and here are a few pics and videos of the new things he has picked up on in the last month.

Austin LOVES his toys - He can interact with them a lot more now
It's fun to watch him, he gets really excited
I had to throw this pic in. Aaron came home for lunch and laid down with Austin and fell asleep and than Gizmo came in and laid by them. It was so cute!

Gizmo and Austin


Austin has learned how to clap - he LOVES to clap!


He likes to sit on the back of the couch and look out the window



This isn't anything new to Austin, he has been doing this since he was about 4 months old but I caught a cute video of Danee playing with Austin and his blanket. He likes it when you put it on his face and pull it off really fast. He'll giggle for a long time!




Austin totally LOVES Gizmo! Aaron likes to put Gizmo up to Austin and he just squeals and laughs, he tries to pet him but can't control his hands because he gets so excited. It's really cute. Gizmo is pretty good with him but I am still a little cautious - unlike Aaron. Sometimes Austin will pull on Gizmo and that's when I know Gizmo is done. Here is a cute video...



I also had some other photos that were cute. Aunt Danee stayed with us for a while and Austin loved it! We love Aunt Danee, and I really love Danee tonight because she took him for a few hours while I got to finally clean a little of my house and work on some photo sessions I need to get edited. So Aunt Danee we love you and we are so glad you are around. These pics are for you!

This was when they fell asleep on the couch, it was so cute!



This pic was after Danee had worn him out, he was totally crashed and his binky was halfway out.

2 comments:

Micah and Jen said...

6 months already!?! Time has gone so fast! He is such a doll....and don't worry about the fat thing....My Austin was 20 lbs. by 4 months and was just pure chubbs! Look at him now....he is just like all the other little boys in sunbeams....no worries, besides, a little chub on a baby is by far the cutest thing! If you still think he is chubby....let me email you some pics of my austin at this age....he totally had man-boobs!!! Your little guys is such a cutie though and I can't wait for our kiddos to get together and play someday!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Hey is so cute! My Nugent kids have always been been bigger, and it really worried me because Sierra was always such a runt and tiny. As long as your kids are healthy you have nothing to worry about. You're such a good mom. Watch the snacks- make him eat his veggies and protein- he'll be fine! The fact that you are worrying about his health and weight is awesome!