Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Friday, July 3, 2009

What's in a Name?

Ok so as I said in the post before I can't decide on a name for my baby girl! It's driving me nuts. Aaron is no help on this subject.

With Austin I knew that his name going to be Austin Aaron, it was perfect and I loved it! I just didn't know that the name Austin was so popular. I have always wanted my kids to have neat names, not common names, but not weird names. I could never name my kid Fred or Bob or Sally. Aaron and I have a 100 boy names picked out (that's why we want a lot of boys) but no girl names.

Ever since high school I loved the name Destiny and that was the name we were going to use if Austin was a girl. This pregnancy we started out with one girl name McKenzee Marie - that was the only name I could come up with that I liked. For one thing I wanted her initials to be MMM just like mine. The only other M name I liked was Mylee (but I don't want people to think I named my daughter after Mylee Cyrus! Than my wonderful mother-in-law called last week and blabbed a bunch of names that I liked and now I hate the ones I thought of for the poll I posted a while ago. Oh and by the way if anyone is wondering about the "ee" at the end of the names it is a McLaughlan girl thing...all of the girl names end in "ee". It's tradition and Im not going to break it.

So what I am saying is I don't want my baby to be born and named just any name - it has to be perfect! That's just how I feel. So I need all the help I can get with finding the right name. Isn't it sad that I am stressing about this!

I posted a new poll with the new names I like. Some are the same.

HELP!!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I am with you on names we actually had Hallie named McKaylee for the first few hours and we had called her that through out the pregnancy but it did not fit. Once you see her a name will just fit. Good Luck!!!

The Hunters said...

You could always try on some of those boys names that you like with your middle name for size, you never know, you might like the way they turn out!

The Ferrell's said...

do you want to borrow my baby name book?

Jenn & Kiddos said...

I agree with you on Mylee...with Montana--I loved it from the start and still do, but now this whole Hannah Montana thing makes everyone think I named her after her...whatever. It wont last-right? Good Luck--the name is a BIG deal!

Jesse and Brooke Ward said...

I am sticking to my original vote of Mylee. I like the MMM initial thing. My second vote would be Harlee. Both are very cute!! Good Luck!

Skye said...

I'm not much help, because I'm in the same boat...maybe I'll steal one of your names (haha). All the names you picked out are super cute. Good luck!

The Hunters said...

I was thinking about names last night and I like Maylee or Mailee how ever you would spell it. it sounds cute. Mailee Marie McLaughlan. Just a thought :)

Shelley Patterson said...

I'm still a big fan of Destinee. Super cute. But the other ones are adorable too- tough choice!

Unknown said...

well if I have anymore kids and it happens to be a boy, I will come to you for name ideas because naming Kaden was not easy! I think Mylee, Maylee, or Macee are adorable names. I really like Destinee too though. Good luck and I hope you are finally feeling better!

The Brendles said...

Looks like lots are fond of Mylee!! My fave is still Destinee!