Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, March 1, 2010

Obsession Continues

Well I am still Obsessed and I love it! I know many of you come to the blog to check on the family and what we are up to - not my baking Obsession but I just wanted to share with you 2 more cakes I have made this week...

For my sister-in-law Danee (turned 17)
Jenny G. wanted to learn how to do fondant so we did this one together.


This one has a little story behind it. I got a text on Tuesday asking me if I make cakes now...which I had to laugh out loud since the first cake I ever made was a little over a week ago! So the texting continued and I decided to give it a try for someone else and I am so happy I did!
I think it turned out cute. It was for a little girl turning one (thanks for having faith in me Jenny P. hoped she like it!)

I can't wait to do a cake that isn't zebra stripes - even though I totally love them and I think they are way cute! I just need an excuse to make a cake! :)

And of course I had some left over fondant flowers so I made these little cookies.
I am having a lot of fun!!!

7 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

Honestly- they are awesome! You should start doing it professionally. You are so talented.

Jenni said...

WOW! You could go into catering AND photography for weddings now! :) Wouldn't THAT be crazy???? You are super talented girl! :)

Ben and Jen said...

Yes Misty Kailey loved it. Thanks again!

The Ferrell's said...

looks great...lol we should open up a little bakery thing! We both love to make cakes and we live so close we could use both kitchens and both dads lol

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Wow Misty!! So much talent in one body...it just ain't fair!! :-)
My friend started doing cakes just like you, just experimenting. She use to do it for fun...now she does it for money. They look amazing!!!

Jenny said...

It looks awesome. Thanks for teaching me and the other one you made turned out sooooo cute. Keep it up Misty.

The WIlloughby Family said...

These are so cute!!! I would love to have the recipe you use. I am making a lighting McQueen cake for Caleb next week, I might call you for suggestions..you do a great job. Not only will you be taking the wedding pictures, you'll also be making their cakes....seriously!