Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Road Trip to Minnesota

The past week we joined Aaron's parents (and the Gillins family) in a road trip to Minnesota to go see his sister Chelsee graduate college. There was 9 of us in a motor home (which broke down on the way home) it was quite the adventure! I have never been on a road trip to Minnesota so I was pretty excited to see North Dakota and Minnesota (places I've never been).

We left Idaho, drove through Wyoming, Montana, North Dakota, and into Minnesota. Here are some pictures of our fun time.


Our first big stop was Mount Rushmore:



It was neat to find out that one of the McLaughlan's ancestor's
was a worker on Mount Rushmore.

Taylor & Dan

The whole crew:
Jan, Dan, Mason, Randee, Taylor, Jenny, Austin, Aaron, and Me

Aaron and Austin in Deadwood, ND

Aaron being one of the kids

Austin loved it when we stopped
because he would climb up and play with the wheel.

The whole reason for the trip.
Austin with Chelsee the big college grad!
Chelsee graduated from Concordia College
with a bachelor's degree.
We are so proud of her!

Austin modeling his new pj's from Grandpa Dan

Austin's had his first crush on the trip.
He totally loves Randee, he wouldn't leave her alone one night
it was so cute he kept giving her hugs and laying on her.
Atleast we know he has good taste in girls!

Austin's loved this little ride,
he cried for a long time when we left.
This trip was a fun adventure, Thanks so much Jan and Dan for inviting us on your trip. We had fun!
There are some more pictures of the trip on my photography site

4 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

Wow, it looks like you guys had a great time. I've been to Mt. Rushmore... it's been a long time, but it's awesome, isn't it? I'm glad all went well!

Unknown said...

Looks like you all had a fun time... It amazes everytime you post pictures of Austin. He looks more and more grown up in each one. I love the header it is adorable!

Skye said...

I love looking at your blog and seeing all the new pics of Austin, he is so cute! I'm glad you guys had fun on your roadtrip, despite breakdowns :)

Jenny said...

Hey your pics are so cute I definatly want a copy of your pics from the trip on a disk. It was alot of fun. And that other blog you want to start sounds good.