Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

6 Weeks to Go....

Well I made it to my 34th week of pregnancy Sunday and here is my updated bump picture...believe me I look much bigger in person!!!


So much more has been going on with this pregnancy compared to Austin's.

I feel so uninformed about everything and very frustrated. The doctor I had with Austin was horrible with the delivery but he was wonderful through all my appointments, ultrasounds, and testing. But I switched doctors this time and Im not going to lie - it has been a very frustrating experience.

It's always reasuring when you go in for an appointment and you ask your doctor when your due date is because you've been told 3 different ones and he can't even tell you. And they seemed to have lost your ultrasound results which costed you about $300 so he can't look at that to figure out the due date. One of my favorites has been when they tested my blood for the wrong thing and I had to go in and get tested again - I have the hardest time giving blood! And when you have to ask about all your results to all the testing and you come to find out in your 32 week that you are Anemic and he never told you before. Oh and you failed your glucose screening you took 4 weeks ago! And I should just go back on my Metformin (which makes your milk dry up and he never told you that). How could I forget the wonderful morning sickness I still have and there is nothing they can do for me - "just tough it out"...even though I know of many women who have been put on medication for morning sickness clear back when they were 20 weeks!! It makes you feel so good inside! It's always fun to have to remind your doctor to even do your glucose screening! I also went in for an appointment today which I was informed I would be doing the Stripe B test and of course my appointment was quick with the doctor not even listening to the heartbeat, measuring, or feeling to see where the baby was positioned...so I asked about the test and he seemed confused and just said we'd do it in 2 weeks. I also had to bring up taking the Metformin and my choice to not mess up my milk production and he seemed confused as to why I was on Metformin, and so I brought up all the stuff we had talked about last time. Than he acted like Metformin doesn't hurt you when you are breastfeeding, and I have to tell him it says right on the label not to use if you are brestfeeding :) got to love it! Anyways there is much more I could go on about but for the sake of not sounding like a miserable whinning pregnant women I'll just post this sweet photo of Austin and my belly and leave it at that!

As worried as I am that Austin will beat up the baby I am also starting to get excited because I think he might be sweet to her. He loves to give my belly kisses and likes to say "baby". Makes my heart melt...I know he really doesn't understand what is coming but at least he is sweet to his sister while she is in my belly.

5 comments:

The Brendles said...

I can't believe you only have 6 more weeks, really has flown by for me. Maybe not for you though hehe! Love the pic of Austin giving baby girl kisses. What is her name going to be by the way?? I really think next time around you should switch to Dr. Leavitt!! He is such a GOOD Dr.!! So what if Aaron's friends with him :)

Unknown said...

That is a precious picture of Austin loving on his baby sister! And my heck lady - who are you seeing!?!?!! My Dr. with Kaden always asked me about Keylie even though she had never been in the office with me and we reviewed everything from the months prior... Yikes, I think you will be needing to find another new doctor for your next one!

Dune Monkeys said...

I feel totally responsible!! I'm so sorry!!! Try Dr. B next time, she isn't too hard to get into, or even williams has been good for the Austins...sorry Misty.

Jenny said...

Who is the quack you are seeing? What a joke. Dr. B is good try her next time. I'm sorry it has been so hard for you again and I havn't been good at all this summer in helping you it has been so crazy and my kids are driving me nuts but when school starts next week I will maybe finally get into a rutine and more of a schedule and I can help with austin all you need during the day as I will be alone and very VERY lonely. Please call and let me help you out misty, I mean it. Besides I miss you all terriably and am so ready for sunday dinners again. You look great by the way and the pic of austin is cute and he will be wonderful with her too!!!

Leah Stallings Fine Art Photography said...

You look so good!!! It sounds like your Dr. is a big dink!!! Who are you seeing? It is good to know that Metformin messes up milk production...I had no clue and I was going to go back on it as soon as the baby is born so I am glad you said something cause I never heard that! I started taking it last year. Good Luck! I can't wait to hear that you have had her!!!