Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, June 23, 2008

Another fun Weekend in Utah

This past weekend we made, yet again, another trip to Utah! :) I love our weekends away in Utah always full of fun! But the reason for this trip wasn't fun - we went down to go to a funeral for Dan's (my father-in-law) cousin. But we made a fun getaway out of the trip. We left Thursday and got back last night.
After the funeral we went to Trolley Square and ate at a good place - Rodizio Grill.
Saturday Aaron and his Dad were in the Golf Wasatch Long Day Golf Challenge with Brittan & Wynn (Aaron's Uncles). While Aaron and Dan golfed all day, Jan and I did what we love to do - we went to Park City and went shopping! Which is always fun, and Austin always gets cute new clothes!
We stayed at a neat little resort called Homestead - tons to do there. We didn't have much time but hopefully next time we will get to do more.


Trolley Square

Austin & Goldwyn


The Homestead - Where we stayed


Austin loves to swing

The back view was so cute~!


Austin with his second cousins - Brady and Ryan


Austin and Boston (one month apart)(Second cousins)


Austin looks like he's three months older, he's a giant compared to Boston

Austin laughing at Ryan - it was so cute, Ryan really had him going


Austin's first time in a highchair at Ruby Tuesdays


Austin and his new friend - Hobble


This was Austin this morning - he was so worn out from the fun weekend. I love to sneak up on him when he is sleeping and I'll say his name and he'll smile in his sleep - SO CUTE!
-OH I ALMOST FORGOT-
~The story behind Austin's stuffed friends Goldwyn & Hobble~
So we went and ate at ihop one morning and Grandma Jan bought Austin a cute stuffed dog - named Goldwyn. OH my gosh did Austin just LOVE him. He hugged him and loved on him the whole trip! It was so funny! But on the way home we noticed that Austin had loved him so much that he loved the stuffing right out of him (the seems had come undone and the stuffing was coming out) so we had to take Goldwyn back and exchange for another one, well when we found another ihop they didn't have another Goldwyn so Grandma Jan picked out a cute teddy bear named Hobble. I was sad for Goldwyn (I've always had a very soft spot for stuffed animals which was implanted in me as a kid by my mom) but Austin loves Hobble just the same!

2 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

That is so sweet. My kids have always been twice as big as the other kids too. It just means that you are a good mom and keeping him healthy!! We love Midway-The Homestead! We are thinking of moving up there one day!

Micah and Jen said...

Fun weekend!