Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Time to reflect...

As I sit here on my computer (at 3:45 a.m.) I am full of so much emotion!

Why you ask...well you see my baby girl just turned one!

It is truly a bitter-sweet moment for me. This year has gone by so fast. I no longer have a baby. My baby is stepping into her Toddler years and it is bringing me to tears. Mylee has been such a wonderful baby (even if she didn't sleep through the night until she was 10-months-old). I am very sad she isn’t my baby anymore but I am also very excited to see her discover new things and watch little personality grow.

When Austin was a baby I was full of so much love and I always wondered if I could possibly have any room left to love another child. Then the day came when Mylee was born, she looked up at me with those baby blue eyes and my heart magically grew. She has been such a blessing to me. I can't believe Heavenly Father has trusted me with such a sweet and precious spirit. She may only be one, and a tiny little thing, but she has an amazing presence. It's so hard to put into words, but all she does is give you that little innocent, two tooth grin and time just stops.

I've been told by many people that there is nothing like your first child...you have a special bond with the first child and no other child. I completely disagree! Yes I have a wonderful bond with Austin but I have a totally different bond with Mylee and neither is stronger than the other. I could never favor one over the other. My heart has magically grown to fit both of them in it! I can’t imagine a life without either one.

Who ever said, “being a mom is the greatest gift in the world" was right! Yes my photography means a lot to me and it's a passion of mine but I would give it up in a second if it came in the way of my children (which I have great admiration for a fellow photographer who did)! My kids have changed my life and made me more complete. I thank my father in heaven everyday for my little blessings. And how lucky am I to know that I get to spend eternity with the man I love and the kids I adore!

I think I am pretty lucky! :)

Little Miss Mylee I can't believe you are one! You are my little munchkin, I am so glad you picked us! You may be little but I can already tell you have greatness within you! You have a wonderful big brother who will protect you. A Daddy who is already wrapped around your finger. And a mommy who has been blessed by you!

Happy Birthday "My My" the world is a better place because of you!

We love you!

3 comments:

Mark and Shelbey said...

Such a sweet post Misty! It's so crazy how fast they grow! I can't believe it...Hope she has a great birthday :)

Shelley Patterson said...

So super cute. I loved your post. I hope Mylee had a great birthday.

Chelsi said...

I can't believe she is 1 already.... so crazy to think that we were watching each other's blogs this time last year waiting to see who was going to go first and then excited to read about each other's experiences. Being a parent is absolutely the best! It is fun to be able to relate to those same emotions.