Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Friday, June 19, 2009

Tender Moments...and a little crash too

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirty, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for"

The past couple of days we have had some tender moments with our little boy. I just thought I'd journal a few and share with everyone because it has pulled at my heart strings. It's amazing how smart kids really are at this age.

First off Aaron's parents have been out of town for over a week and Austin usually sees them a couple times a week. Well the past week I have noticed Austin says "Papa" a lot (I wasn't sure what he was saying until Aaron said Grandpa and Austin got a huge smile on his face and said "Papa" Austin loves his Grandpa Dan so much - he throws a fit every time he leaves. Anyways it was about a week ago I noticed that Austin was starring at the McLaughlan family picture in our front room. It was so cute he was just smiling and than he started to laugh and he was saying "Papa" and pointing to Grandpa Dan (I didn't think anything when he muttered Papa, I just thought it was cute that he was laughing at the picture). Last night he was doing the same thing to the picture and it was clear who he wanted. So Aaron called his dad and Austin had the cutest little smile on his face when he heard Dan's voice. And than Aaron swears Austin said, "Hello, I love you." I don't know who was happier Austin or Aaron.

And today I was getting some clothes out of Austin's dresser and he was out in the hall by the washer:
Austin: "ma"..."ma"..."ma"
Me: "yeah buddy"
Austin: "I love you" (it's more of an I wuv you).

I guess saying "I love you" to him 100 times a day pays off. I knew one day he'd catch on. There is nothing more rewarding than hearing your child say they love you - I know he doesn't know what it means but I know he means it.

Another one of my favorite tender moments is when he walks up to me with open arms and hugs me. He does this many times through out the day. He usually bows his forehead for a kiss too - he doesn't really give kisses but he LOVES to get them. It's like a little piece of heaven when he hugs me!

I absolutely LOVE being a mother and I couldn't imagine my life with out my little buddy. I have been stressing lately about when the baby comes and all the more responsibility that will come with her and the stress but today I realized something, it may be more to handle but it's also that much more love I will be giving and eventually receiving.

Anyways just wanted to share - I am a proud mommy and I am bursting-at-the-seems with love for my kids!


-Oh I almost forgot I had to tell everyone about Austin's first run in with the sidewalk...really the poor kid was out playing with his dad and I guess he fell and skidded on his forehead because he has a nice little road rash on his forehead - it's not that noticeable now but it was on Tuesday. He is a tough little guy he only cried for a few seconds. Here is a picture - can't really tell but it's there.

2 comments:

The Brendles said...

So cute!! Poor little guy hitting his head though. He's tough though!

Skye said...

Tender moments like that remind us how much our job as a mom ROCKS!!! Thanks for sharing!