Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, June 15, 2009

Daddy's Little Golfer

I noticed I haven’t been putting much on our blog about my little buddy lately. So I thought I post what he has been up to lately and that is learning to golf. My little baby has become quite the little golfer…his dad is so proud.

He is so funny because he really puts all of his effort into trying to hit the ball, he even grunts! And we have learned that he might be a left hander. Here are some video’s I put together of him putting in the front yard…ok he’s not a putter, but I think he’ll have a good drive.

The first video is of his trying to get the hang of his real putter (thanks Uncle Brent)



This second video is when he finally got the hang of it. He's got a good swing but I think it would be better if it was used for baseball!!




And here are some photos of him with the putter:


He is really trying to listen to his dad here

I had to put this photo in because it makes my heart melt. I love my boys so much! And I love it when Aaron spends time with Austin even when they are sleeping. So cute!


Saturday we took Austin to the miniture golf course in Pocatello and he loved it!



Aaron had 4 hole-in-ones! but Austin beat him because Austin would hit the ball and hurry and catch up with it and throw it in the hole!



I just am in awe with how grown up Austin is now, I can’t call him my little baby. He is clearly becoming a little boy and loves to pal around with his dad (which makes mommy sad, but will help when the baby is here). Another reason I can’t call him my little baby is because he is anything but little! We had his measurements done when he turned 16-months-old last week and here are his stats:

Height: 34 inches
Weight: 25 pounds

Which puts him in the 50 percentile for weight and 95 percentile for height…I never thought I would have a tall kid – he makes me proud. :)

As for the words he has added a few to his vocabulary:
“Ball”
“KiKi” (which is Gizmo’s nickname)
“Doggie”
“PaPa” (which I think he has been saying for a while but I just figured it out today)

He’s got a few more but I haven’t figured out for sure what he’s saying – but he does
His favorite word is “Ball” right now. So instead of calling everything “baby” it’s “ball”. He loves any type of ball and he has tons of them! He is still in his blanket stage where he likes to take his blanket everywhere…but it’s only the ones that his Grandma Jan made him when he was born, he loves them. He is also becoming more independent which has helped out – he can almost keep himself occupied (just as long has he has one eye on me). But the poor kid has been suffering with diarrhea. It seems like every other week he has diarrhea and it has been lasting 5-7 days…what can I do for him? Oh and how could I forget along with his height he can now reach all of the counters in the house and computer desk – which has been a pain! He loves to take things off my desk and throw them in the trash. The other day I found one of my camera batteries, his binky, a few pencils, and a credit card all in the trash. He is definitely a toddler now! Always on the go, but at least he still gives me hugs! I sure do love my little BOY!



~26 Weeks~


As for Momma- I am now in my 3rd Trimester and I am so happy! I am starting to get really excited and nervous of course. When Austin throws his tantrums I think to myself – how am I ever going to manage two? But I have finally decided on how to decorate their room…on Austin’s side it will be blue and brown and on the baby’s side it will be pink and brown and I was to have girl and boy monkeys on the wall. I’m so excited – just not sure how I’m going to do it. Doesn’t anyone have suggestions on how to put monkeys on the wall? Or where I could find cute murals to copy? Anyways I want to attempt that asap but who knows.

I am feeling good (today anyways:). I have developed a wonderful appetite the past couple of days – not to happy about that, I am always hungry. I’ve never had that before while I was pregnant.

I have also been trying to get some stuff ready for the baby and I didn’t think I would get attached to pink like I have. Ever since Austin was born my favorite color has been baby blue and when I first started to shop for a girl I didn’t have fun, I kept going to the boy section. And now I think I am transitioning – but not before I have bought Austin a bunch of new cute outfits! :)

And if anyone has baby girl stuff I’d be more than happy to take it off your hands! All of our stuff is for a boy (besides some cute clothes I have picked up). I’ve had a couple of people offer and I’d love to take the stuff off your hands. Anyways there is a little update on the family. If you’ve kept reading this far, thanks!

5 comments:

Dune Monkeys said...

He holds that thing like a bat!!! We might have a great little league team in a few years!! Bradach loves to throw things away too...its usually the stuff he makes a mess with. They are growing up sooo fast!

The Hunters said...

That would be awesome if Austin wasw left handed! I can't believe how fast your little guy is growing! You look so good for being 26 weeks! If you need help with anything just let me know!

Shelley Patterson said...

Misty- you look GREAT for 26 weeks. I can't believe how awesome you look. I'm glad you were feeling better- hopefully that trend continues. And Austin is getting HUGE. Make sure you don't leave anything too important by the edge of the counter- you might lose it. We've found Grant's keys and wallet in the garbage before. Gotta love it.

Micah and Jen said...

first off....you barely even look pregnant! My belly is bigger than yours and my girls are now 9 months old!!! Looks like you guys have been busy....and I LOVE the golfing....SOOOOO cute!!!

The Ferrell's said...

that is so freakin cute! Maybe I should try to get Katreena to golf to then they can be golfing buddies! That would be way cute!