Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, January 26, 2009

The Frustration Continues.....

As most of you know my son had tubes put in his ears about 2 1/2 weeks ago. The doctor that did it is actually a doctor that comes in from Boise once a month (don't understand why?). I did not know this. After the surgery the doctor told us to call and set up a month check up with him, than he continues to tell us that he is only in Blackfoot on the first Thursday of the month. He said just call in and set up an appointment. I was a little confused and when I got home and looked at his card that’s when I noticed that he was from Boise. Yay - just what I need another doctor who is never around when you need them. So that's exactly what it has turned out to be. I called Friday and today and when I ask to schedule an appointment they put me on hold and than it goes through to the clinics answering machine. I am so frustrated. I can't find anyone reliable.
Austin has been so whinny since we got home and I noticed Saturday that his left ear has got a bunch of mucus looking stuff coming out of it. He doesn't act like his ears hurt, he hasn't played with them since the surgery? I've been told putting tubes in baby's ears is a common thing...so I am sure at least one of you have done this or know of someone who has at a baby with this surgery. Is this stuff normal? I can't get a hold of the doctor so I don't know if I so worry or if it's just normal? Does anyone know?

7 comments:

The Hunters said...

Misty, I talked to my mom, (Mark had tubes in his ears when he was Austin's age). She say that the drainage is perfectly normal, thats why the tubes are there. If you have any questions, just let us know

Anonymous said...

That is horrible -- Have you tried going to Pocatello Childrens Clinic. I see Dr Denton there and I love him. He always goes the extra mile. If for some reason he wasn't availble he has 6 partners that will see you and they treat you just as good. I really like them!

Unknown said...

Misti- My friends in Pocatello put tubes in their sons ears when he was Austin's age and I am sure you could talk to her, or if you have any questions you want me to ask her I can. Actually she is linked onto my blog, it is Kim and Rick. I know that the doctor they used is in Boise, but they take their boy to a Dr in Pocatello. Let me know cuz having a sick baby is no fun. Take care!!

Jessica said...

Misty, Parker got tubes when he was 10 months, and we had the same doctor. He went through the same thing, but it got better. Getting tubes was the best thing we ever did! He started talking, walking and laughing a ton after he got his tubes.

Micah and Jen said...

I don't have a clue as none of my kiddos have ever had tubes...but I think the drainage is normal from what I have heard from friends. Sorry you have to go through this AND without a doctor around. That totally stinks! Have you gone to Dr. Parsons at the Blackfoot Med Clinic? She is who we see and I love her....maybe because she was my YW leader growing up...but I feel I can call her at anytime and she is always willing to help out. Anyhow...hope the little guy is feeling great!

Shelley Patterson said...

I'm sorry you're having so many problems! I've never had to deal with the tube thing, so I won't be great at the advice, but all I can say is that really sucks and I'm sorry you have to go through this!

Jenny said...

You should have called me being as Taylor is on her 4th or 5th set already. Drainage is normal and I have a great ENT that Taylor sees in Idaho Falls, Dr. Baker. I thought you took him to Dr. Soucie as his regular doctor???? How come all the new and different ones.????