Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, January 12, 2009

Austin's ear update & some help please

First off I'd like to say thanks to those who agree with all the insurance and medial complaining I did last post. It's always nice to know I'm not the only one who feels a little picked on once and a while! :) And thanks for all the suggestions of doctors, I really appreciate the recommendations!

As for my little buddy;

The tube placements went well. They put a tube in each ear just to avoid any future problems with the right ear. The doctor said it was a good thing we put tubes in because when he cleared out the left ear he found tons of puss. So his left ear was pretty bad (poor kid). He seems to be doing just fine now. Once and a while he will get a little whinny and mess with his ears (still worries me) and he still throws a holy fit when you have to give him his ear drops. But other than that he seems to be doing well. He is back to his normal active life. We go back next month to check on the tubes.

Thanks for all of your prayers and concerns!
______________________

My next task I will be taking on (after the fun filled trip we have planned...you'll hear all about that when I return :) is planning Austin's 1st birthday party. I am so excited. My biggest problem is I think I want it to be to perfect, and he isn't even going to remember it. I think it's because it's his first birthday and our first child and I am so excited. I have all these ideas but I don't know how to go about doing them.

So I am asking for some help out there. I know there are tons of people who read our blog...I know there are more than those who usually comment. I am asking for EVERYONE and ANYONE to help me with some ideas. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

I think I am going to do a Monkey theme (since he is my little monkey) .

And I want to be creative and have a lot of cute fun things to do and decorate with, but the problem is....Im not to crafty and creative when it comes to this kind of stuff. I am not much of a host, I'd love to be but I come from a family that wasn't into parties and themes. Anyways so here is me asking all of you for some major help!! Anything will be greatly appreciated and will help me!

Oh and I don't want to make it a Curious George party. Im really weird when it comes to characters??? Don't really know why!

I have a few ideas but I don't know which direction to go. I need some help picking a final theme and than I can start running with my ideas....
Here are some ideas for a theme: Just Monkey, Circus Monkey, Jungle Monkey, Suft Monkey, or Sock Monkey.
I had a few other ideas but I don't know where to get them done.


1. I'd love to have a personalized shirt for Austin that says, "This little Monkey is one, and he's having lots of fun" - or something like that, with a monkey on it. Where can I go to do something like that?

2. I'd like to do some party favors for the little kids that have barrel of monkey's tied to it, but the only barrel of monkey's I can find are at Wal-Mart for $5/each and I can't spend that much plus per kid (I wish I could). So does anyone know where you can buy that type of stuff in bulk?


So that's where I am at right now. Thanks for any input! I can't believe he is turning one next month!!


Austin pulling a Risky Business (tom cruise - but no sunglasses)

I was changing his diaper and I went to grab a new diaper and he crawled right to his car to play, it was so cute with his little bare butt showing.

9 comments:

Jenn & Kiddos said...

What cute ideas!! Go to www.orientaltrading.com. Seriously you can find everything you need there for dirt cheap. I know they have tons of jungle stuff and monkeys. For his t-shirt you could design whatever you want and print it on iron on transfer paper (you can get it at Walmart or an office supply place.) If you hand wash it- it will last forever. We have done tons of tees for cheer and dance that way!!
Don't go too overboard- you have lot's more birthdays and hopefully more kids to come. Then the bar will be set impossibly high!! But have fun!! Cute ideas!

The Hunters said...

Misty, I was going to tell you about that website also, its awesome! you might even check Tee Pee Toys in the mall down here. You could go to T-shirts Plus for his shirt. And instead of cake you could have banana cream pie! just an idea!

Anonymous said...

For the shirt you should try t shirt plus in the mall. they will design whatever you want on the shirt. They have tons of clip art! I made a shirt for Alivia to announce her becoming a big sister and they had a lot of fun stuff to work with -- and while you are waiting for your shirt head over to party palace. It right next door. You will have too much fun there finding everything you would need (and lots more)!!! Good luck and have fun!!!

Shelley Patterson said...

It sounds like you are more of a host than you think you are. I'm not sure about the party planning, but I thought that it was a lot easier and fun doing cupcakes for Hunter's 2nd birthday. But the main advice I have is don't go crazy- I was actually kind of disappointed after Hunter's 1st birthday because he wasn't as into it as I was. He was actually kind of annoyed. Some kids are different though.
Oh, and I hope he feels better- poor kid!

Jenn & Kiddos said...

I just got a coupon in the mail for free shipping with Oriental Trading that you are welcome to use. When you check out just enter this code
customer number 12865382
key code KE0910974

If you don't use it- no biggie! Good Luck

Mark and Shelbey said...

Hey Misty we did a monkey theme for Bowen and Dallas party over Thanksgiving. I didnt really buy a whole lot because it was just our close family there but I did come across a few websites that might help ya out:
http://www.kids-birthday-party-guide.com/monkey-birthday-party.html

http://www.bizrate.com-with this one just type in the search Monkey themed party or something it will pull up a bunch of monkey stuff

And I was going to do a martha stewart monkey cake( can find it on her website) but I decided to go with cupcakes with monkey faces on my blog and danielle's from November. Hope that helps ya out!!

Micah and Jen said...

soooo sooo soo glad he is doing well! poor little guy! As for the party....I totally went all out on my kids firsts! Cameren had a bubble party, Austin's was a carnival, and Gabe had a jungle theme. So don't feel silly doing a big thing....you'll document it and then he can remember it that way! :) As for monkey themed stuff...no idea, but great party favor ideas are at orientaltrading.com....way cute stuff and cheap for the kiddos! Good luck!

The WIlloughby Family said...

Monkeys must be in because that is what I wanted to do for Caleb. I found a cute idea where you make a simple round cake and then use a cupcake cut in half for the ears...so cute!! For Emily one of the funnest things we did was a time capsule for her to open on her 16th birthday. I still add things to it once in awhile-she'll never know right?

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't believe you are already talking about his first birthday.How time goes by!! He is getting so big and so handsome. I love the pics of his bare bum!!