Catching Up...

Wow I didn't think I would ever get back to blogging, but I forced myself to sit down and post the pictures I had from the end of last year.
So if anyone wants to see I have back posts from Halloween thru Christmas now. :)

Now onto 2011!

Monday, March 30, 2009

Accident-prone??

Everyday my little buddy becomes more and more like his daddy!

We spent the weekend in Neola, Utah with Aaron's family (Aaron's sister Mindee, and her family, live there). And Austin accidentally put his hand on the stove burner while it was still on from breakfast...I have never heard him scream so loud. He had burned his right palm and was hesterically crying. I felt so bad for him. I had no clue what to do, I felt helpless! Mindee helped me (Keagan, her son, had burned both his hands when he was Austin's age) and than Jan took us to find some medicine. He cried for almost 2 hours and I just wanted to cry with him - I felt like the worst mom, I wasn't even in the room at the time.

Grandma Jan took us for a ride and Austin was still crying...but once Grandma stopped at McDonalds and got Austin some fries - he stopped crying. He is definately his father's son.

I wonder if he is going to be accident-prone just like his daddy. Aaron is always hurting himself...some of that has to do with the dumb things he does when he is around his friends (and brother-in-law) Aaron will do anything you tell him to do! But it makes me worried that Austin will be the same way. He is already a little mini Aaron.

Here are some pics of his poor little hand, it's already blistered (this happend yesterday afternoon).

His poor little hand - his fingertips have blisters also.

He went along with Grandma Jan and Aunt Danee to the doctors today
and Jan had them check his hand and I they gave her some stuff
to help his little blisters. Thanks Grandma!

When we were in Neola Mindee had a babyshower and I thought I'd throw in a few pics:


Grandma Jan, Austin, & Aunt Danee

Aunt Mindee, & KarLee
Mindee did the cutest thing for KarLee (her daughter)
she put together a gift for being a big sister.

3 comments:

Shelley Patterson said...

Poor kid! I understand feeling so helpless! I remember Hunter getting hurt once and I felt like the worst mom ever! His hand does look awful, but luckily he won't remember this for long.

Jenn & Kiddos said...

Poor guy! I can hear him screaming now!! JK Luckily it will be one that heals and won't be noticeable at all. Bet he won't do that again! :-)

Micah and Jen said...

poor little man! every kid does this though...you are a great mom and just because he got hurt doesn't for a moment make you bad. Just think....it's the first in a line of MANY bumps, bruises, burns, cuts and breaks yet to come!